northern lights

northern lights
image

Sunday 6 September 2015

Never lose hope!

Last week I visited a Nursing Home to see an ailing relative My attention was diverted  towards a lady on the next bed. She was hardly twenty five. She  was in high spirit, laughing  and joking with the the people who had come to  see her. She did not appear to be a patient, except that she was sitting on the patient's bed. My cousin, whom I had gone to see,  was moaning continuosly. She had a minor surgery, but the patient on the next bed had undergone surgery for cancer, and chances of her recovery were remote. 
                         The attitude of the two ladies, set me thinking. Hope is very precious. If a person  maintains a positive approach, half the battle is won.If you have no hope in 'hope' your will power is shaken. It is only a firm desire that enables a person to overcome the challenges bravely. Always believe that the best will happen. Moving forward with a smile when you are surrounded by obstacles will bring glimmer in  the eyes. It is our faith in ourselves and God, which is the quintessence  of all that is great and noble  which leads to hope and eternal joy.
                               I can personally relate to many physical problems which I have faced and overcome only  with determination, will power, hope and faith in God  and my self. I have been in and  out of hospital several times. I was attacked by a life threatening  cancer,which led me to be in  a hospital for more than three weeks. My family was in  a state of depression,  but I never lost my cool. After a surgery lasting five hours, when the surgeon came to see me in the morning, he was shocked to see me sitting on the chair. I have always taken life in its stride. About three months  ago, I suffered a heart attack. Except for three days, when I was in the ICU,I did not have any bed rest.  My laptop provides me great  strenth and energy. It is my constant companion.
                              Thne most important thing is how you look at life. God has given us life  as a gift/ We must not crib or complain all the time. We must make a concious effort to bring positivity in our life. Life is valuable! We must preserve it. Given below are some inspiring quotations by reknowned persons. 

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.


"What oxygen is to the lungs, such is hope to the meaning of life." 
Emil Brunn


Never talk defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory." 
Norman Vincent Peale |   


"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." 
Albert Einstein 


Written for B A R weekly sharing thread  6th Sept to12th






9 comments:

  1. Thank you Ushaji for this great post...every word here is vibrating with hope and inspiration...love the quotes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sumana for such inspiring words of appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Usha! Thanks for the reminders to never give up hope and to keep a positive attitude despite the obstacles and hurts that come to us all. You are great how you keep persevering with a positive outlook, despite the health struggles you've been through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the quotes Usha. You know I am all about hope! Thank you for posting again so glad you are here. As Einstein said - never stop questioning. I agree - I never stop questioning and that is how you find answers and HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring incident. It's all about our perspective and how we look at things. Faith and hope can help us see light even during the darkest hours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In hope, we live Ma'am. I take hope reading your struggle and my dark moments will soon fade:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope gives us the inspiration and Faith gives us the strength to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are truly an inspiration, Usha ji. I hope I can have some of your inner strength and attitude. You are so right, it is all a matter of our attitude and sense of hope and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope is beautiful.. I am hopeful that one day I will learn to drive and no one will curse me. Thank you for this inspiration. I needed it.

    ReplyDelete