northern lights

northern lights
image

Thursday 14 May 2015

Enjoying old age





This year  I  will celebrate my eightieth  birthday. Many people feel shocked when they come to know my age. Actually there is nothing which makes old age a  stage which is painful,  full of miseries and difficulties to face. On the contrary, I  take old age as a period when  there are no worries about the drudgery of day to day life, when you have to plan and execute several  issues related to your  family and yourself. At my age I am a free  bird, can go anywhere at any time I wish to.

Without giving any excuse, we can go any where , at any time and for as long as we  want. We need not justify the reason for our  long absence from home.
                                 In our youth, we had many problems, which we  had to face and solve. Now we have all the time in the world for ourselves. Age is just a number. Our heart is always  young. In the company of our spouse, our gray hair, our  back ache and our fading eyesight are forgotten. We only cherish the company of your spouse.
In our younger days, when did we have the time to relax in the  company of our spouse?
                      

Old age has its own  thrills and joys. It is only at this age I can sit undisturbed in my balcony and  enjoy each moment of the rising of the sun. One can go out and enjoy the beauty of nature.
 Somerset Maugham  said''The complete life, the perfect pattern, includes old age as well as youth and maturity. The beauty of the morning and the radiance of noon are good, but it would be a very silly person who drew the curtains and turned on the light in order to shut out the tranquillity of the evening. Old age has its pleasures, which, though different, are not less than the pleasures of youth''. Life is all about family, friends and well wishers who have  lived with us and shared our joys and sorrows. Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years. - Ausonius

I know that sometimes  I forget things, but it hardly matters. All the important  milestones of my life are fresh in my mind.









I  end the post on a humorous note,

Old Age quote



 so have a good time.



pic courtesy google



                             



                                                                     
 











9 comments:

  1. Hey this post was so cute. I read it out to my spouse as he (in his late 40s) keep feeling we have grown old now! All the best for a long and healthy life and hope i get to read your post when you are going 90 strong too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nima, i do hope that your hubby will change his views on old age, after reading this post.Good luck!....

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on turning 80 soon, marvelous to read this inspiring post.I have always felt that old age can be enjoyed if you felt the freedom associated with it.God should bestow good health to all elders that is my constant prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Padmaja for your wishes.I get lot of inspiration ffrom good friends like you. . All the best.!

      Delete
  3. That's a great milestone to reach in life Usha! I hope you celebrate it in style, hmm, like a free bird perhaps? ;) No peer pressure of course! ;) After all, remember that age is just a number, your heart is always young! ;) (Love those words and phrases....I hope I made you smile as much as your post did for me!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elly, thanks for such an enligtening and inspiring post. I hope you will come to India, if I celebrate my 80th birthday in October . This is my invitation.

      Delete
    2. I would love to dear Usha. I actually thought that myself! Great minds think alike! ;) However, it most likely won't be this year, unless a (major) miracle happened! ;) <3

      Delete
  4. Great! At the age of eighty this much creativity. May you have many more peaceful years.

    ReplyDelete